The Chinese Progressive Association (CPA) is a grassroots community organization, founded in 1977, which works for full equality and empowerment of the Greater Boston and New England Chinese community. Our activities seek to improve the living and working standards of Chinese Americans and to involve ordinary community members in making the decisions which affect our lives.
CPA is seeking a youth coordinator to assist in staffing the Chinese Youth Initiative (CYI) program and internship. CYI seeks to provide avenues for Chinese American youths to develop community awareness, involvement and leadership through a summer internship for high school-aged youth and year- round educational programming, organizing projects, and other events/activities.
– Work to develop the leadership of youth participants
– Conduct community/youth outreach activities
– Coordinate and implement internship program for high school-aged youth, including an introductory
Asian American studies curriculum, workshops, discussions, field trips, and hands-on projects
– Link English speaking volunteers to CPA community organizing campaigns and projects
– Coordinate and give tours of Chinatown for schools and community groups
– Coordinate annual Chinatown Bike-A-Thon fundraiser and assist with general program fundraising
– Support and link youth to CPA’s general organizing work
– Supervise and support year-round youth staff
– Support other CPA services and campaigns
– Committed to the empowerment of youth and community members
– Strong communication skills
– Community organizing and youth leadership development experience helpful
– Self-starting and accountable, be a team player
– Bilingual in Cantonese, Taishanese, or Mandarin preferred
Starting salary range based of $32,000 to $37,000, depending on experience and education, plus benefits. Generous holidays. CPA is an equal opportunity employer.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Laurence Louie, Youth Coordinator
Chinese Progressive Association
28 Ash Street, Boston, MA 02111
If you would like to submit your cover letter and resume electronically, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Youth Coordinator” in the subject line.
Position open until filled